This article first appeared on TechnologyNetworkOnline.
How To Jailbreak Iphone 6: Jailbreaking is an essential part of the iOS experience for many. For others, it’s unknown and dangerous. Thankfully, for those new to jailbreaking, there are a multitude of ways to do it. Using tools such as Yalu102 and zJailbreak, jailbreaking is not only faster than ever but also easier. Whether you’re a hardened veteran of jailbreaking, or this is your first time trying it, this guide will help you jailbreak your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.
Also, remember the configuration of your iPhone 6 or 6s so that incase of any misconfiguration, there a chance you can restore the changes.
Jailbreaking is the process of removing restrictions in iOS, and allow root access to the iOS file system so that it can run software that has not been approved by Apple. It allows users to install jailbreak apps, tweaks and themes from Cydia to customize the look and feel of their device, and also enhance the functionality.
What You Should Do Before Jailbreaking Iphone?
Jailbreak after weighing the pros and cons: To jailbreak or not to jailbreak? That is the question. Regardless of Whether you have decided to jailbreak your iPhone 6/ 6s or not, don’t rush to do so before you have fully understand what jailbreaking is, advantages and risks of jailbreaking iPhone! You’d better not take the risk without knowing the jailbraking process clearly. You know, your iPhone is not cheap.
Backup before jailbreaking: Backup! Backup! Backup! It really can’t be emphasized enough. The jailbreaking process could clean up all of your phone content and setting, make it totally like a new phone. Data loss on your phone could cost a lot, so make sure all of your phone data was baked up successfully, such as contacts, sms, videos, photos, music, apps, notes, calendars, call logs, etc.
How to backup iPhone before jailbreaking:
- Install Syncios Data Transfer and connect your iPhone to PC.
- Launch this powerful iOS backup tool and click on “Backup” button on the homepage.
- Select data to backup to computer.
- Tag on ” Start Copy” button.
How To Jailbreak Iphone 6 Plus
The good news is that it is possible to jailbreak your iOS device running any version of iOS between iOS 12 – 12.1.2 using the unc0ver jailbreak, although there are a couple of caveats.
First, it doesn’t offer full support for the latest iOS devices (XS, XR and 2018 iPad Pro) – you may be able to jailbreak the devices, but you won’t be able to install Cydia until Saurik gets around to updating Cydia for A12 devices. Here’s a full list of compatible devices at the time of writing:
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6 & 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s & 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 8 & 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- 2018 iPad Air
- sixth-gen iPad
Secondly, the app is tweaking the operating system of your iPhone or iPad, so there is a slight chance that it could go wrong and brick your iOS device.
With that being said, we’d recommend backing up your device before trying to follow the below instructions, and be sure to remove any iOS 12 OTA files downloaded (but not yet installed) on your iOS devices before initiating the jailbreak.
- On your iOS device, open Safari and head to ignition.fun
- Use the Search bar to search for unc0ver
- Tap the Get button and then Install to download and install the app
- Head to Settings > General > Device Management, select the developer name and Trust the certificate of the app you just downloaded.
- Open the unc0ver app on your iOS device and wait for it to do its job. Your iOS device will respring several times during the process, after which you should see the Cydia app appear on your Home screen.
And that’s it! Your iOS device should now be jailbroken. If you find that the app gets stuck at the “Extracting Cydia…” step, simply reboot your device and try the process again.
If you’ve got an iPhone XS, XR or a 2018 iPad Pro and don’t care about not having access to Cydia to install the latest tweaks, you can follow the above steps and search for Chimera instead of unc0ver on the ignition.fun website. The process is largely the same, but installs the less-popular Sileo package manager in place of Cydia.
How To Jailbreak Iphone 6 iOS 11
- Anzhuang – Anzhuang is an easy online Jailbreak app installation method. It is compatible with all the latest iOS versions up to iOS 12.1.4 Jailbreak. However, iOS 12.2, iOS 12.3 – iOS 12.3.2 & iOS 12.4 (beta) support does not added yet.
- Unc0ver – Unc0ver – Now Unc0ver Jailbreak available to Jailbreak your iOS 11 & higher devices up to iOS 12.2. It will install Cydia on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Electra – iOS 11 Jailbreak possible with Electra semi-untethered jailbreak tool. It is compatible with iOS 11 to iOS 11.3.1 versions. Now it has upgraded to the Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 & iOS 11.4 versions too.
- Velonzy – Velonzy is a Jailbreak app installer for iOS 11 & higher versions up to iOS 11.4.1. It has both online and computer support (Windows or Mac) methods to download the Velonzy Jailbreak toolkit.
- LiberiOS – LiberiOS has been released for iOS 11 to iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak. This is semi-untethered Jailbreak for all 64-bit iPhone,iPad and iPod touches.
How To Get 3d Touch On Iphone 6 Without Jailbreak
3D Touch is only available for iPhone 6s which has a new technology that measures the pressure of your finger when in touch with the retina display, bringing more information. You now have a new dimension to press (not only in a plan but in depth increasing the pressure of your finger).
ForceTouchActivator Cydia Tweak developers are trying to use some Software abilities to simulate the 3D Touch technology giving a similar experience for older iPhone owners. So, here it is a perfect example of how amazing jailbreaking is. Using a simple tweak, any jailbroken iPhone owner will be able to activate 3D touch “Mimic” on an older iPhone model.
It is not the same feature that iPhone 6 S and Plus provide because older iPhones don’t have the hardware associated to 3D Touch technology but is an interesting emulation that brings a new touch mimic experience.
ForceTouchActivator Installation Instructions
Before moving forward you need to make sure you have Cydia installed in your device. You can learn about reading our posts related with jailbreaking.
- Open Cydia > Tap “Search” > Type “ForceTouchActivator” in the search bar > Go to installation process.
- Go to “Settings” > Activator. Here you have some options like where Activator will be enabled. The Menus (Manage custom Activator menus), the Blacklist (Ignore events in specific applications).
Scrolling down you’ll have also more settings namely, access to “ForceTouch”. With ForceTouch, when firmly pressing anywhere on the screen will invoke and the action can be customized.